Bath Charter Township Elections

Military & Overseas Voting

If you’re a United States citizen living overseas as a civilian or in the military, there are several ways you to request, receive and return your ballot. Learn more at: Federal Voting Assistance Program.

Federal Post Card Application Process

Active-duty military, their families, and overseas citizens can register to vote and request their absentee ballot using the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). The FPCA process is done by mail, but your state may offer other options to request and return ballots. Please contact us for more information about delivery and return methods, including email, fax, and state online portals.

  1. Fill out the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), or download a copy. Your election official may have questions, so please provide an email address or phone number where they can reach you.
  2. Send the application to your election official.
  3. It is never too early to submit an FPCA! Please do so as soon as possible. You can look up recommended mailing dates by country and region.
  4. Please fill out and send back your ballot as soon as you receive it. Following are recommended return dates to make sure your ballot arrives at your election office on time:
    • 35 days before election – On a ship at sea
    • 30 days before election – Outside of the US
    • 11 days before the election – Stateside
  5. States begin mailing absentee ballots at least 45 days before Election Day. If you haven’t received your ballot by 30 days before Election Day, contact us.

If after submitting your FPCA, your ballot does not arrive, contact us first. Then:

The Federal Voting Assistance Program – offers additional information on military and overseas voting in Michigan. You can also call 1-800-438-VOTE or email